- Marine businesses involved in the maintenance/repair of vessels laid up ashore either on public access quays; careening hards or drying areas; in private boat yards; or on private properties; may now operate.
- Marine businesses involved in the maintenance/repair of vessels may also work on vessels afloat in that vessel’s ordinary place of mooring.
- Marine businesses involved in the maintenance/repair of vessels may transport vessels on land to/from a launching site/lift out point in order to launch/lift out a vessel for maintenance/repair. The transportation/lift out of a vessel may be done by the marine trader or by a business that would ordinarily transport/lift out vessels in this manner.
- Businesses involved in the transportation or lifting out of vessels are only to accept requests for their services from marine traders and not from private individuals.
- Vessels are only permitted to move on water between the launch/lift out/drying site and their ordinary mooring. The vessel may be moved by the marine trader or by the vessel owner. Where crew are required to move the vessel, only the minimum number of crew required to safely move the vessel shall be carried. Where crew are carried, social distancing/hygiene rules shall be strictly adhered to (except where all crew are members of the same household);
- Where vessel owners are moving vessels as above, this shall only be when they are a customer of a recognised marine trader and the vessel is being lifted out/launched for the purposes of maintenance/repair by a recognised marine trader and not by the vessel owner;
- Where such a movement of a vessel involves moving between Harbours (including the QEII Marina and Beaucette Marina) this must be by the most direct safe route. The marine trader or vessel owner must first seek permission from the Duty Harbour Master by calling Guernsey VTS on VHF Channel 12 or by calling 01481 720481.
- Only where it is imperative that sea trials need to be conducted from either Harbour, the marine trader only must first seek permission to conduct the sea trial from the Duty Harbour Master by calling Guernsey VTS on VHF Channel 12 or by calling 01481 720481.
- In addition to the above, private boat owners when moving their boat to/from a launch/lift out site shall follow any other requirements or restrictions required by their marine trader's COVID-19 health and safety plan at all times as directed by the marine trader.
NOTE – Private boat owners are reminded that, with the exception of the above or if conducting safety checks/essential maintenance on a vessel on her mooring during the 2 hours exercise period, the core message for private boat owners remains STAY AT HOME.